Nuff Nang

Sep 21, 2009

Crumble Fumble

I ran into a little crumble fumble while making crumb cake cupcakes for the very first time.

The first step is to make the crumbly topping, which replaces the frosting for this particular cupcake. You know the topping on coffee crumb cakes/slices? Well, this is what mine was supposed to be... For whatever reason, the consistency ended up being doughy rather than crumbly. Actually, I think I learnt my lesson and now know why this happened. My butter was softened a bit too much, rather than being on the "chilled" side. Telling myself that the cupcakes could still turn out ok, I continued to make the cake batter. After filling in the trays half full with batter, I proceeded to top each one with a dough ball of topping. As they started to bake, I noticed the dough sinking into the cupcake instead of staying atop. All in all, they were still good - they just turned out visually different than expected. This I must attempt - and perfect - another time... And you can all praise me with my progress!

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin