Nuff Nang

Aug 12, 2009

Simply Spices

Yesterday, I got to witness my bestie in married-life action... Her "home sweet home" that she shares with her hubby is the prefect little newly-wed nest for them. The 8-month old golden doodle they call Jonah also adds to the mix in their new place, he's adorable! After hearing about the Bahama-bound honeymoon and catching Brooke up on mi vida, we had to get down to business: Having dinner cooked and ready by the time Tyson got home! That's what good wifey's do :)

A newly purchased spice rack was screaming to be used so we went ahead and built the menu around that. Our final dish: Buttered brown rice, pan-fried herb chicken (majorly spiced up!) and steamed broccoli. We thought it was pretty good for an impromptu meal using ingredients already at home!

Photobucket
The chefs... Hehe

Photobucket
The working husband... Who we love...

Photobucket
The pupster!

Photobucket
The Food

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Dessert
[warm vanilla shortcake, french vanilla ice-cream, summer berries, whipped cream]

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Patti, this is my most favorite post ever. You just have a way of writing and expressing things that I love...I love this blog and I love you.

    The food pictures turned out great :) I was surprised not to see a cheesecake at the end hehe. You are my bestie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the food that you prepared for working hubby, he is a sweetie for you , b. you will have one too, P.

    I love the desert too, with some wallop of yogurt or sour cream ---ooops it's whipped creammmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin