Nuff Nang

Mar 4, 2009

JOHN & YOKO

The couple well known for their love story and bed-ins is also known for... Sushi! In Manila, being able to eat Japanese/Sushi is a little lighter on the wallet than it is for me in LA/Malibu where it sometimes costs an arm and a leg. John and Yoko's is a regular place I get my raw fish fix at here in Manila; the restaurant is located at Green Belt 5. You stroll past and it's almost disguised as 'Club Orange Violet' with the neon lights and waitresses decked in all black; mini skirts, boots and all. Truth be told, there isn't so much authentic Japanese on the menu - you can definitely see they cater to Filipino taste - but it does the trick if you're feeling for a bit of Japanese at lunch time. I think what I order is the best on the menu, but that's just me ;) Jon and I just missed the lunch crowd last Monday when we arrived around 1 ish. Our little meal before flying off to Hong Kong for the day, check it out below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Salmon Sashimi

Photobucket
Crunchy Tuna Roll

Photobucket
Agedashi Tofu

Photobucket
Green Chicken Karage

Photobucket
Gyudon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin