Nuff Nang

Mar 10, 2009

Boracay Meal #4

I know it sounds like a German joint, but Gasthof's serves Western and Filipino favorites. This casual eatery on the beachfront is best known for their tender baby-back ribs. Jon and I ordered the half-rack and tender they were, smothered in bbq sauce and all. Don't know why we chose to order another pork item, but we did: the spicy pork chops. The meat soaked up the marinade perfecting the spicy taste of the chops. I thought the seafood would be my savior (2 pork dishes is a bit much), but I was a little disappointed when the garlic-butter prawns tasted like butter and... well, butter. The garlic rice was the best part of my meal, reminding me of my tapsilog breakfasts at my Lola's. Just so you all know, sharing would be a good option here at Gasthof's.

The sun was scorching outside while we were eating and I was in need of a cool-me-off right away. My quick solution: ice-cream! BTIC (Better Than Ice Cream) was my little, quiet find this trip, I discovered it in Manila and was uber excited it existed in Bora as well. Jon and I can be predictable: for her, Kahlua Coffee and for him, Cookies & Cream. I always feel like a little girl again when I'm licking ice-cream from a good ol' waffle cone :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin