Nuff Nang

Feb 3, 2010

Philippe Chow

When I asked my mom where she wanted to go for dinner on her last night, she replied, "I want Chinese food, but I also wouldn't mind going somewhere new." She probably thought I would suggest Mr. Chow's... Wrong! She underestimated my restaurant selection skills ;) I responded quickly, "Well let's go to Philippe Chow. It's Chinese food and we haven't been before." Chinese? Check! Somewhere new? Check!

Time for the Chow Down. Location: Philippe Chow in West Hollywood [formerly Dolce]. After having worked at Mr. Chow's for 25 years, Philippe Chow definitely brought over his culinary expertise to his own establishment. Already all the rave in New York, venturing out to California would be a first for Philippe. Haute Chinese cuisine really seems to be a hit on both coasts. Philippe's red/black/white restaurant is definitely more spacious and roomy, compared to Mr. Chow's in Beverly Hills. I really can't decide whose food I like better... I can tell you, though, that my favorite dish from this meal was the Nine Season's Spicy Prawns. The spicy sweet and sour sauce was DEE-lish. I guess I don't yet have a winner for the Chow Down; sorry... All in all, I think this town is big enough for the two of them!

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette
Corn and Crab Meat Soup

pattispalette
Chicken Lettuce Wraps

pattispalette
Nine Season's Spicy Prawns

pattispalette
Chicken Jo Lau

pattispalette
Filet Mignon w/ Broccoli

pattispalette
Pork and Shrimp Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin