Nuff Nang

Feb 15, 2010

LA Street Food Fest: The Line

Let's just say I'm considering myself very lucky to have attended the first ever LA Street Food Fest; basically a food-truck mixer of both "new school" gourmet food trucks and "old school" authentic LA street food. It was pretty much a sold out show in downtown Los Angeles, avid foodies queued up for hours just to enter the food fest... Only to queue up again for the actual food. People got creative and split up into different lines and only re-grouped once everyone came back with the goods. Let me assure you, excited epicures stood in line for hours just for little bites of the city's most popular trucks. Nevertheless, it was great to see the energy downtown for the food truck movement!

True story: I stood in line for a good hour at Flying Pig, finally placed my order... Then got told it would still be an hour plus 'til they'd call my number! We waited an hour (during which we stood in other lines), came back and our ticket number was still a lotta digits away. By this point, the venue was almost closing and we wanted avoid the hectic hustle and bustle exit traffic. The kind men at Flying Pig just gave me my $$ back. Note to self: Must just catch the Flying Pig on the streets of LA.

After that, our strategy ended up being simple and smart: Find the shortest line. It worked :)

**Thanks so much Fabi and Kat for swooping me up last minute! Xx

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i know you loved this!!! wish i could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet in still--you made the most of you day! Anyone who "made it in" is thankful for that! I got there early and didn't fair any better...I blogged about it also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have that exact same hat you're wearing

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin