Nuff Nang

Feb 27, 2009

PLATE, MALIBU

It's always great when a new restaurant opens in Malibu... My "foodie friends" and I are all over it, waiting for the "opening soon" signs to vanish and ready for the spot to open its doors. Along PCH, in the PC Greens area, is Plate. Fairly new, the concept of the place is earthy California cuisine that boasts all organic produce and ingredients. Here, pesticides, additives, fertilizers and hormones are left at the door. Plate (http://wwww.platemalibu.com/) serves BL&D; I've only tried lunch and dinner so far. All the dishes on the organic menu is prepared in a fresh and simple manner reminding diners that you don't have to sacrifice taste while eating healthy and light. The soft wood tones of the citrus-clad restaurant gives off a very energizing and refreshing vibe; the ocean view across PCH probably helps out a little too ;)

I ate here for dinner a few nights ago with my brother in celebration of "Pre-Spring Break." We'll both be in two different countries this next week, so it was a good sibling bonding session to talk about our plans for Hong Kong and Manila. This was Chris' first time to try Plate, so I was kind of excited I got to show him something new in our college 'hood. We shared ahi-tuna spring rolls to start, which came with citrus soy dressing and mango salsa. The chunks of tuna in the rolls are very generous, so I'm glad we shared. I didn't know what I felt like for dinner, so I went with something safe: 4 Formaggi Pizza [mozzarella, gorgonzola, gruyere, fontina] I sprinkled on the slices some chili flakes - I've been permanently influenced by Jon in the chili flakes/hot sauce department - for an extra zing. Chris opted for the the blackened chicken pasta, which I tried and thought was very delicious. I don't like my pasta too creamy or heavy and this combination of whole wheat linguine, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, peas in a light cream sauce did it for me. Good choice, Chris! Now this isn't a place to save room for dessert per se BUT if you are into carrot cake, it never hurts to taste one more variation. I actually didn't order it with Chris, but I have tried it before for lunch. The round layers of the moist cake are separated by a sweet cream-cheese frosting; what a divine way to eat your carrots for the day. Below are the pics... (I'm gonna squeeze in my lunch meal too from a few weeks back)

*DINNER*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*LUNCH*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. the day after i saw this post i checked out the place and loved it. the ahi tuna was to die for. if you haven't already u should check out geoffrey's--cumin ahi tuna is delicious

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin