Nuff Nang

Feb 27, 2009

Birthday Luncheon @ MADISON

Good 'ol Southern comfort food took over the table at Teresa's birthday luncheon @ Madison earlier this afternoon. That's right, I'm in Manila folks! The Herrera clan was all present at lunch along with myself, Roxy from NY and a few of Ter's good friends in the Phils. Madison is situated on the ground floor of Green Belt 5 in Makati. Plates and plates of food kept on coming to the loud table in the back room... Teresa is buddy buddy with the chef at Madison (he's dope! and about to open a Mexican joint pretty soon, fietsa anyone?) so together they came up with a menu that covered the dirrty South pretty well from creole oysters to Mississippi mudpie! There was a blown-up B&W photo of New York City - I'm guessing Madison Ave? - hung up on one of the walls, so I'm assuming the restaurant was named after that... Yet the cuisine is from the South? Hm I dunno, I could have missed something...

Nevertheless, I'm going to post the birthday menu up so you can refer to that and match the food fotos accordingly. I'm told that the corn-flake crusted Southern fried chicken isn't normally on the menu, just to warn all y'all that might be looking for it when you get there. They are known for their mudpies, and I can definitely see why. The chocolate brownie textured filling is enough in itself let alone the chocolate shavings, whipped cream and pie crust. Mmm, cut me another piece please!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin