Nuff Nang

Feb 18, 2009

The Bazaar @ SLS

So I'm just going to jump right into my new blog... It has been a long time coming and I've decided I need to do something with all my "food fotos” that I capture at restaurants, bakeries, cafes, bars, cafeterias, sidewalks and any other establishments that offer flavors for the palette. For Valentines Day, Jon and I were lucky to get reservations at the new restaurant/bar/patisserie concept at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. The Bazaar by renowned chef Jose Andres has been getting quite the hype lately and I wanted to see what it was all about!

Jon and I got to try the tasting menu of the night: Sweethearts Lovingly Share. We started off at Bar Centro for a drink - left Malibu early thinking we'd hit LA freeway traffic yet arrived at SLS in record time - and moved on to our table a bit later at Rojo y Blanca. At the bar, Jon opted for the special nitro daiquiri, which was being made on a cart that was traveling the floor. The Spanish-style small plates had super modern twists - the chef specializes in molecular gastronomy - which made everything fun to eat and easy to savor. The most interesting plate I tasted was the liquid olives, they literally popped as soon as I spooned them into my mouth. Take a peep at our magical Valentine adventure...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin