Nuff Nang

May 2, 2010

Cupcake Me Mine

Take yourself back to your first cake decorating memory... Although it's a bit blurry now, I believe mine was with my mom way back when. Thinking I was helping her "decorate" one of her party cakes, I probably made it look, um, let's say avante-garde, with my experimental toddler hand-crafting skills. The cake was probably presented as an "interpretive [edible] decor". Fast forward a couple years, and the skills have gotten a bit more refined and presentable; we all have to start somewhere!

Just a few weeks ago, I took a casual cake decorating class at SusieCakes. It was so much fun! I got to learn the famous "Susie Swirl" in addition to decorating a dozen of my own SusieCakes cupcakes. None of my pieces boast dramatic techniques, they're just cute, simple designs that add another dimension and color flow to an already perfect treat. I felt like I was in Color Me Mine, except this one was the Cupcake Edition... And we all know a Cupcake Edition of anything is ten times better ;-)

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE THEM!!! Way to go, P!! You are so cute and creative. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun is this!!! love it. i want to taste them so bad! they are almost too adorable to eat, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look soo pretty! My favorite is the blue & white one

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin