Nuff Nang

Mar 20, 2010

Momofuku Milk Bar

Directly after dinner at Noodle Bar, we bee lined it over to Milk Bar - the dessert arm of the Momofuku empire. They sell quirky and creative desserts that are shockingly delicious.

Marisa pointed me in the direction of choosing two signature items: Crack Pie and Compost Cookie. Man, the crack pie was so sweet my teeth were already shaking before I took a bite! Next time, I ought to choose more of a chocolate-based pie. The Compost cookie surprised me, I enjoyed it. All the crave-alicious notes [chocolate, sweet, salty] are in this one cookie. We also got soft serve ice-cream. The week before, Milk Bar introduced its newest flavor combo: Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Icing. I got really excited when I knew I'd be there to try it! To our disappointment, the cream cheese icing was outta juice :( We wanted to swirl both flavors for the "real" red velvet experience... However, I thought the red velvet was good alone; I could taste the light Southern chocolate cake in soft serve form. No matter how much we ate for dinner, we still saved room for dessert!

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

pattispalette

Photobucket
Red Velvet Soft Serve

pattispalette
Crack Pie - toasted oat crust, gooey butter filling

pattispalette
Compost Cookie - pretzels, potato chips, coffee, oats, butterscotch, chocolate chips

3 comments:

  1. OMG. this is HEAVEN. how was the red velvet soft serve??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Compost Cookies-- I will take the coffee and butterscotch and ah oates and yah, i luv them all...... !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i feel like the crack pie looks like a chess pie...and i looooove those!! ah p...everything looks so good...we will have to go together :)

    ps i hope the cream cheese ice cream has some juice when we visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin