Nuff Nang

Dec 18, 2009

Fluffer-Bummer

Ok, so I have to write just a little bit more about The Grilled Cheese Truck experience... Remember how excited we were about getting the free fluffer-nutters? Welllll to our disappointment, they weren't anything to get hyped about. When it was time for our dessert sandwiches, we took a bite into our fluffer-nutters and the result? Puzzled faces. Were we biting into 2 pieces of bread stacked on top of one another? That's what it tasted like... The spreadings of peanut butter and marshmallows were so incredibly thin that there was barely any hint of dessert notes in the sandwich. We ended up putting the sandwiches back in their silver/blue packaging and gave it to the Venice homeless... I guess people overheard our decision because they too came over and asked if we could give their fluffer-nutters to the homeless. Of course we could!

So I hate talking smack about the GCT, but this story has a happy ending :) The GCT tweeted about their fluffer-nutters later in the evening asking for feedback. I was going back and forth deciding on whether or not to tell them about our experience. I thought, "You know what... If this was my business, I would want to know about the good, the bad and the ugly." I went ahead and told them about our fluffer-nutters and no kidding, in less then 5 minutes I got a reply from co-owner Dave. He apologized for the fluffer-nutters and told me to let him know when we would be at the truck next so that he could take care of us. Can you say **FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE** The Grilled Cheese Truck is the real deal and I can't wait to go back for more!

Must try: Cheesy Mac 'n Rib, Caprese Melt

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin