Nuff Nang

Nov 23, 2010

Bon Chon hits Manila

Talk about hype! For the last few weeks on Twitter, my feed was flooded with talk of the newly-opened Bon Chon Chicken here in Ayalya, the Ayala Triangle to be exact. You could imagine my excitement as I thought, "Sweet! My fave-uh-rit chicken spot in New York is pretty much across the street..." Jon and I waited a few weeks before going, simply because we kept hearing about the big crowds dying to try double-fried Korean style chicken. [One day we heard they ran out of chicken at 3pm!]

When we got there, it was by no means empty. While Jon stood in line, I was on the lookout to shoot myself over to a table as soon as it became available. In fairness though, the place isn't that big... Able to get ourselves a table, we waited for our food. We got a combo of drumsticks and wings in both flavors, "soy garlic" and "spicy." That's how we did it in New York as well :) Oh, we also got a side of kimchi coleslaw. To cut to the chase Bon Chon was aiight. It just wasn't exactly the same as in the Big Apple. I don't know if it was 'cause we weren't physically *in* New York, but something was off... It also didn't help that a few hours after our meal, Jon and I got hit with major MSG-syndrome. Lethargic, tired and low on energy. Let's see, I'm willing to try it again and see if I get the same reaction -- Who wants to go?! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing feedback from fellow foodies, fashionistas, friends, fam - whoever! Thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin